If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT / PERMISSIONS
©1997-2019 Arab Image Foundation. All content including images, text documents, audio, video, and interactive media published on the AIF website is for noncommercial use including personal, educational, research and/or personal purposes only. Metadata for images are licenced under a CC BY SA. All other use without explicit permission is strictly prohibited. For full details on image use, please see our Image Use Policy.
Users must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions and include all copyright, credit, author and source information when reproducing any part of this website. You may link to our site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light.
1Personal data we process
In general, you can visit www.arabimagefoundation.org at any time without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
2How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you information by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
5Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6Cookies & usage tracking
The information we collect about the IP address from which you access the site, the pages you visit, the date and time you access our site, and the type of browser and operating system that you are using is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalized content.
The Arab Image Foundation website contains links to other websites. We encourage all of our partners, contributors, and third parties to implement policies and practices that respect the privacy of our users. However, the Arab Image Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.